WildChina is seeking a Shanghai-based marketing intern to join our English marketing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual with knowledge of social media and content creation (both written and video), and a passion for China, to join an award-winning experiential travel company.
Application closing date:
January 1st, 2024
Role responsibilities will include:
- Creating written and video content for a WildChina-affiliate company based in Shanghai
- Managing social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook and WeChat)
- Editing content for social media (video and photo editing) and writing insightful captions to intrigue and engage
- Updating and proofreading existing website content
- Joining the company’s regular Shanghai walking tours to gain product knowledge and gather content (take photos, record videos, and learn the products inside and out)
- Managing company reviews and products on OTA platforms (Tripadvisor, Klook, etc.)
Qualifications and experience should include:
- Fluent English-speaker (native or professional second-language proficiency)
- Based in Shanghai (this role is not open to remote work)
- Knowledge of social media
- Experience in content creation (recording and editing videos into high-quality reels, effective caption writing, etc.)
- A skilled writer with a keen eye for perfection
- Ability self-organize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese (desirable but not required)
- Evening availability for virtual meetings with the globally-based marketing team (4-7pm)
- Passion for all things China!
What you can expect to gain from this internship:
- Experience in social media management, planning and scheduling using Loomly
- Mentoring in effective social media content creation and campaigns
- Experience with website CMS and SEO
- Experience working with a multi-cultural team based globally
- Insights into China’s travel industry, specifically in Shanghai
- An in-depth knowledge of Shanghai’s culture, history and neighborhoods
Please send the below to email@example.com :
- A cover letter
- Your CV/resume
- A short (300 words or less) written piece describing the most meaningful travel experience you’ve had in China.
- A sample Instagram post about Shanghai (photo or video) with a 150-word max caption. Target audience is expats in China (not necessarily in Shanghai) or international travelers who have some basic knowledge of China.