WildChina is seeking a freelance writer with a passion for all things China to join our English marketing efforts.
As a company, we strive to connect travelers to China and her people through creative stories and high-level expertise that excites and engages. To us this is the essence of effective travel writing – inspiring travel through creative stories.
If you are a skilled writer with high-attention to detail, an interest in Chinese culture and nature, and a commitment to creating written content that is informative, accessible, and empowering, then we’d love to hear from you! Check out the details below and send us an email!
Paid per word. Max 1000 words / article. Currently looking for one article / month with potential for an increase to more monthly articles in the near future.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Submitting one written article per month based on a brief supplied by WildChina’s Head of Content
Qualifications and experience should include:
- Fluent English-speaker/writer (native or professional second-language proficiency)
- Knowledge of American English style, grammar and spelling
- A knowledge of Chinese culture, geography and travel experiences
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Experience in professional content writing (travel, sustainability, food, culture, etc.)
- A keen eye for perfection
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese (desirable but not required)
- Evening availability for meetings with the globally-based marketing team (4-7pm China time)
- Passion for all things China!
Please send the below to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A cover letter
- Your CV/resume
- A link to a published article which you authored
- A short (300 words or less) written piece describing the most meaningful travel experience you’ve had in China