WildChina Education is on the lookout for a goal-driven professional to join its Beijing team in the role of Business Development Associate. We’re looking for a candidate who exudes a passion for hands-on learning, sustainability, educational travel, and working with educational institutions.
This individual should be able to effortlessly builds rapport with everyone they meet and thrive in a driven, high-pressure sales environment. If you’re not afraid to rework best practices to better serve a client and want to contribute to both the team and the wider business, we want to hear from you.
Given that the China borders are still closed, this person should be comfortable with virtual meetings and virtual experiences (online classes/online tours etc…).
Subject to experience + great opportunities to travel + company benefits
Role responsibilities will include:
- Building, maintaining and growing our client base overseas
- Marketing, managing, executing, and growing our virtual programs’ portfolio
- Thinking outside the box to consistently update our product portfolio, innovating, and improving our programs and destinations
- Researching and developing business development areas and opportunities
- Cold emailing / calling to develop leads – Networking, branding, and PR initiatives for the company
- Assisting the director in thinking through the overall strategy and management of the team.
- Taking responsibility for client satisfaction as the overall project manager for programs sold by coordinating with colleagues to provide excellent logistical operations and educational value that exceeds expectations.
Qualifications and experience should include:
Candidates will be prioritized based on fulfilling the points below, in order of importance:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (Chinese national candidates prioritized)
- A proven track record in business development or sales (any industry)
- A can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic & passionate about China, Chinese culture, sustainability and education
- Emotional intelligence & creativity
- Perseverance & a quick learner
- Experience in industries such as: education, travel, filmography, historical research, performing arts (acting)
- Great at general office skills (Microsoft suite, zoom, teams, PowerPoint etc…)
- Based in Beijing
Interested candidates should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.